“I view life as one big adventure. I’m always learning, and finding new things to try and challenges to overcome.”
“Once you’ve owned and managed a company over so many generations, you have a responsibility to keep it going.”
“We encourage quick decision-making and promote an agile mindset. If the first door we open doesn’t help us find a solution, we try another.”
“If you’re going to establish a system aimed at spanning generations, you have to be willing to evolve.”
“You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.”
“Why do we fall, sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.”
- Newly listed Birkenstock beats revenue expectations on higher pricing, U.S. demand
Birkenstock reported its holiday quarter results Thursday after it posted a record-breaking end to its last fiscal year.
- Maserati reveals first GranCabrio convertible sports car since 2019
The sports car is based off the Maserati GranTurismo Trofeo sedan that's currently on sale starting at $190,000.
- A pre-election rally or correction: What’s Dalal Street bracing for this time?
This time around, the election has gained prominence in light of India’s rising importance in geopolitics, its leading position in emerging markets, and the government’s aspiration to make India the world’s third largest economy from the current fifth position.
- PB Fintech, Sona Comstar among 5 mid and smallcap stocks that hit new 52-week highs on Thursday
Six Nifty50 index stocks hit a new 52-week high
- JG Chemicals' Rs 251-crore IPO to open on March 5
Zinc oxide manufacturer JG Chemicals on Thursday fixed a price band of Rs 210-221 apiece for its Rs 251-crore Initial Public Offering (IPO). The initial share sale will open for public subscription during March 5-7 and the bidding for anchor investors will open for a day on March 4, the company said.
- RIL rallies but TV18, Network18 fall 5% as investors react to Ambani-Disney deal
Reliance Share Price: Reliance Industries and Disney form a joint venture combining Viacom 18 and Star India businesses. Jefferies values Disney's business lower. The JV has cricketing rights and a 40% share of the advertising market. Media assets include Colors, StarPlus, StarGOLD, Star Sports, Sports18, JioCinema, and Hotstar.
- Hot Stocks: Brokerage view on Zomato, Gujarat Gas, RIL and RBL Bank
Brokerage firm Axis Capital initiated coverage on RBL Bank with an add rating, Jefferies maintained a buy on RIL, UBS upgraded Gujarat Gas to neutral and UBS maintained a buy rating on Zomato.
- F&O stocks to buy & sell today: TCS, HDFC Life among top 8 trading ideas
Indian market may consolidate. Nifty50 broke support at 22050 zone. India VIX reached swing high. Rajesh Palviya recommends buying Havells India, KIMS, ICICI Lombard. Nooresh Merani suggests buying Dr Reddy's, selling Bajaj Finance, buying V-Guard. Kunal Bothra advises buying HDFC Life, TCS, Samvardhana Motherson.
- India's economic growth expected to slip below 7% in Oct-Dec quarter
India's Q3 economic growth slipped below 7% due to weak manufacturing sector and mixed consumption growth. Despite slower growth, India is expected to be one of the fastest-growing economies with estimated growth of 7.3% in the current fiscal year.
- Gaza health ministry says war deaths near 30,000 as famine looms
The war was triggered by an unprecedented Hamas attack on southern Israel that resulted in the deaths of around 1,160 people, mostly civilians, according to an AFP tally of official Israeli figures. Militants also took about 250 hostages, 130 of whom remain in Gaza, including 31 presumed dead, according to Israel.
- Western powers tangle over Russian assets at G20 finance meeting
G20 finance ministers debated frozen Russian assets, with the US and France disagreeing on their handling. Divisions over war in Ukraine and Gaza caused further disagreements. Brazil's G20 presidency focuses on sustainable development, combating inequalities, and the fight against inflation.
- Donald Trump says he might have to sell properties to pay $454 million penalty
Donald Trump offers a $100 million bond to pause a $450 million judgment in his civil fraud case. He lacks resources and struggles to secure the full bond. Lawyers seek delay of punishments. Companies may be unwilling to accept property as collateral. Trump's lawyers request more time or reduced bond size in the defamation case.
- Mitch McConnell, the longest-serving Senate leader in American history, to step down as Republican l
Mitch McConnell, the powerful US political tactician who has advanced conservative causes for years and been a strong defender of aid to Ukraine, announced abruptly Wednesday that he would leave his post as leader of the Republicans in the Senate later this year. - Ukraine aid - A consummate backroom negotiator with a thick, rumbling southern drawl, McConnell also emerged as one of the most outspoken advocates of US military aid to Ukraine after the Russian invasion.
- More than 30,000 killed in Gaza, Hamas-run health ministry says
Another 70,000 Palestinians have been injured since the war with Israel began, the ministry says.
- Putin warns West against sending troops to Ukraine in major speech
The Russian president has delivered a wide-ranging, two-hour long state of the nation speech.
- Biden and Trump head to border for high-stakes duel
Both want to talk tough on immigration - an issue that could decide the presidency - writes Anthony Zurcher.
- Japan baseball star in shock marriage announcement
Shohei Ohtani of the LA Dodgers announces that he has wed and stirs a social media frenzy.
- French readers enjoy world’s only leap year newspaper
La Bougie du Sapeur only comes out only every four years - so since 1980 only 12 copies have been published.
- Oprah Winfrey to leave board of Weight Watchers
The celebrity recently revealed she used weight-loss drugs as a "maintenance tool."
- Star Wars game cancelled as EA cuts 670 jobs
Electronic Arts says it will focus on its existing titles, as the gaming industry job cuts continue.
- Australian ex-MP became foreign agent - spy boss
The former politician allegedly "sold out" to a foreign spy network, offering access to a prime minister's orbit.
- Metal scar suggests star 'ate' nearby planets
The scar on the star was discovered by the astronomical research centre in Armagh Observatory.
- Texas battles its second-biggest wildfire in history
The Smokehouse Creek Fire has razed 500,000 acres north of the city of Amarillo and was uncontained.
- Raye's path to the Brits: 'It's not been the simplest story'
The pop star arrives at the Brits with seven nominations, after one of the biggest comebacks in pop.
- South Korean doctors face arrest if they do not end strike
Junior doctors have gone on strike over the past week, causing disruption and delays to surgeries.
- Winklevoss firm to return $1.1bn to customers
Gemini was co-founded by twins Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss - known for their legal dispute with Facebook.
- Australia jails first student for a school shooting
The 15-year-old took two of his father's rifles and opened fire at a Perth school last May.
- Watch: Missing five-year-old found in Florida swamp
The girl was tracked down using a thermal-imaging camera, after she wandered from home.
- Why Iranians look dimly on first chance to vote since unrest
Turnout is seen as a crucial test for the regime - but how far is the choice a real one?
- Two children ran away. It took 13 years to get home again
The extraordinary story of Bablu and Rakhi who left home as children and grew up in orphanages.
- Zepto launches membership programme ‘Zepto Pass’ for all users
The quick-commerce company has heavily discounted the offering for the initial uptake, pricing it between ₹19 to ₹39 for most users
- Key infra sectors' growth slows to 15-month low of 3.6% in January
It was 9.7 per cent in January 2023
- Cabinet approves nutrient-based subsidy for P&K fertilisers for kharif season
Subsidy outgo for the upcoming kharif season is estimated at ₹24,420 crore
- ICMR-NIRRCH in Mumbai offers genetic testing, counselling for rare diseases
ICMR-NIRRCH’s Genetic Research Centre in Mumbai caters to around 570 families annually
- We have been broadening our audience with our content slate: Netflix’s Monika Shergill
Netflix’s Content Vice President Monika Shergill in an interview with businessline talks about its content slate for 2024, Indian films, ad tier, inflation and much more
- Why SLMs have an edge over LLMs
Smaller language models, with fewer parameters (around a few billion), offer faster fine-tuning and cost-effectiveness
- Swan Energy raises over ₹3,300 crore via QIP; LIC, SBI Life among investors
The shares were issued at a price of ₹670 per share against the floor price of ₹703.29 each
- Guests arrive in Gujarat for Anant Ambani, Radhika Merchant’s pre-wedding
- Karnataka Bank opens 15 new branches, revamps website
Karnataka Bank’s new website is crafted to be dynamic and forward-looking, aligned to today’s customer needs, says Executive Director Sekhar Rao
- Rupee settles flat at 82.91 against US dollar
The dollar index, which gauges the greenback's strength against a basket of six currencies, declined 0.19 per cent to 103.78
- Anant Ambani, Radhika Merchant’s pre-wedding celebrations begin with ‘anna seva’
- United Breweries launches London Pilsner Beer in Karnataka
Karnataka is the second market after Maharashtra where London Pilsner is going to be available
- Zvolv raises ₹16 crore for expansion
Zvolv expects to expand further into the US healthcare space, says CEO Hardik Gandhi
- Sensex, Nifty close higher in volatile trade; RIL gains after mega-merger deal
While BSE Sensex rebounded 195.42 points or 0.27% to settle at 72,500.30, NSE Nifty gained 31.65 points or 0.14% to close at 21,982.80
- Kerala unveils its food processing, value addition prospects at Dubai Gulfood 2024
Kerala had over 140,000 new enterprises that were started in the last fiscal year and by December 31, the number had crossed 200,000
- Entrepreneurship scheme generated 5 lakh jobs in two years: Kerala Minister
Kerala Industries Minister P Rajeeve says govt scheme produced 71,000 women entrepreneurs
- India’s liberalised FDI strategy for the space sector
The Centre’s new FDI policy in the space sector promotes international investments, technology transfers, and collaborative research opportunities
- Steeping into stardom: Dolly Chaiwala’s chai-making magic captivates tech titan Bill Gates
The reel, shared across various social media platforms, captured a delightful moment where Gates, captivated by Dolly’s chai-making prowess, ordered a cup of chai with a simple yet charming “one chai please”
- 50 per cent of women-owned MSMEs in five States
Maharashtra, TN and UP have the most women led MSMEs
- Privacy tech firm Silence Laboratories raises $4.1 million in funding round
The recent funding will act as a driving force, accelerating Silence Laboratories’ goal to transform privacy-preserving authorisation and collaborative computation