“Corporate culture matters. How management chooses to treat its people impacts everything – for better or for worse.”
“With the right people, culture, and values, you can accomplish great things.”
“The fruit of your own hard work is the sweetest.”
“People are always good company when they are doing what they really enjoy.”
"Growing a culture requires a good storyteller. Changing a culture requires a persuasive editor."
"Culture is to recruiting as product is to marketing."
- Why major commercial real estate firms are joining resources to recruit Black student-athletes
A paid internship program that teaches the fundamentals of real estate investing has launched a new partnership with Black student-athletes.
- Yellen's debt limit warnings went unheeded, leaving her to face fallout
"I always worry about the debt ceiling," Yellen told The New York Times in an interview, in which she urged Democrats to use their remaining time in control of Washington to lift the debt limit beyond the 2024 elections. "Any way that Congress can find to get it done, I'm all for." Democrats did not heed Yellen's advice
- Climate change will speed up inflation in next decade, says ECB
Warmer temperatures will boost annual food inflation by between 0.92 and a hefty 3.23 percentage points, the research paper found. While the so-called global south, where temperatures are hotter, should face more of the pain, it will also mean particular challenges for economic blocs such as the European Union.
- Influencer dies after live-streaming himself drinking bottles of Chinese spirit
The influencer "Sanqiange" (or "Brother Three Thousand") was found dead mere hours after streaming himself participating in a competition with another influencer that involved drinking Baijiu, a Chinese liquor with a normal alcohol level of 30 per cent to 60 per cent, CNN reported citing Shangyou News.
- International investing: Book profits in Netflix and Buy Disney
Disney’s diversified revenue streams and valuation score well, while margin of safety is low in Netflix at current levels
- PI Industries: Why investors can add on this stock
The company has an interesting portfolio of products and services
- Wockhardt posts net loss of Rs 237 crore in Q4 FY 23
The Q4 net loss was less than the Rs 311-crore loss in the same quarter of FY22, but more than the sequential loss of -Rs 102 crore, in the previous quarter
- Indian pharma companies: Do pipelines justify valuation assigned to US business?
Indian pharma companies operating in the US are clawing back pricing power with a differentiated pipeline. Here we identify the valuation assigned to US portfolio in light of that pipeline.
- ‘Leadership matters,’ FM Nirmala Sitharaman appeals to youth at government’s 9th anniversary
‘Modi has earned the ‘trust’ and ‘faith’ of people through his ‘intent’, ‘seva bhav (dedication)‘ and ‘visionary’ leadership which understood poor and delivered on their aspirations’
- ED attaches ₹34.7 lakh of M/s Udayanidhi Stalin Foundation
This is besides, provisional attachment the investigating agency did of various immovable properties across Tamil Nadu, valued at ₹36.3 crore, in a case against Kallal Group
- Bandu’s Blockbusters for May 28, 2023
Guess the stock that will give the best return by next Friday
- Tax query: When deduction can be claimed under u/s 80GG for house rent paid
In this instance, the individual moved to his own house after living in a rented accommodation for four months
- Tech Query: Canara Bank: Will the uptrend resume?
We zoom in on the prospects of Canara Bank, as also the prospects of two other stocks — Barbeque-Nation Hospitality and HEG
- Movers & Shakers: Stocks that will see action this week
Here is what the charts say about the shares of Info Edge (India), Just Dial and Sundram Fasteners
- F&O Query: Dealing with deep OTM options
Deep OTM options will have bid-ask as ₹0 and ₹0.05, which can lead to someone buying an option at ₹0.05 and this is the lowest price at which it can be bought
- Bullion Cues: Will gold and silver prices fall further?
Gold slips below a key support
- F&O Tracker: Nifty’s F&O data indicates further rally
Nifty Bank might see a breakout
- Be fiscally prudent, don’t burden future generations: Modi to States
Exhorts States & UTs to work as Team India along with the Centre for a Vikasit Bharat @ 2047
- Index Outlook: Nifty 50, Sensex: Uptrend gains momentum
The benchmark indices are likely to scale new highs going forward
- Fund Query: Are these four funds good for a ₹20-crore goal in 30 years?
Explore choices across categories and historical SIP returns
- Crude Check: Can crude oil futures sustain above ₹6,000?
Traders should wait before initiating fresh trades
- Ten years on, Sun Pharma revives plans to mop up all outstanding shares in Taro
Proposal could see Sun forking out about $300 million, according to sources
- Global 360: Dollar remains bullish
Crucial resistances are coming up that will need a close watch
- SIMA tells cotton farmers to dispose of held back stocks ahead of monsoon
Association chief urges Centre to permit zero duty imports of extra long staple cotton
- F&O Strategy: Bull-call spread on L&T Finance Holdings
The short-term outlook is positive for the stock
- Vummidi Bangaru Jewellers: The makers of the Sengol
Here’s the story behind the Sengol
- Slideshow | A look at the Karnataka cabinet expansion
Here’s a look at the Karnataka cabinet expansion
- Mutual fund equity assets up 4 per cent in April, even as inflows dip
SBI Mutual Fund and Axis MF topped the table with a 5 per cent gain each in equity assets
- PTC India Q4 net profit falls 17.67% to ₹129 crore
Its net profit was ₹157.11 crore during the January March quarter of FY22, the company said in a regulatory filing.
- Vaishnaw hard sells Modi’s achievements to seek vote for ‘decisive leadership’ in 2024
Union Ministers for Railways and IT and Communication, Ashwini Vaishnaw was speaking at a national conclave to celebrate the ninth anniversary of Modi government
- Sun Pharma proposes to fully acquire Israel-based Taro Pharmaceutical Industries
Under the indicative proposal, post the acquisition, Taro will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sun Pharma and will be delisted from NYSE.
- Turkey presidential election decides if Erdogan should have five more years
Turks vote in a presidential run-off to decide on their country's future path.
- Twitter pulls out of voluntary EU disinformation code
"You can run but you can't hide," commissioner Thierry Breton warns Twitter over upcoming rules.
- Indiana funeral director found with dozens of rotting bodies guilty of theft
Randy Lankford will be sentenced in June for failing to complete funeral services he was paid for.
- Ken Paxton: Texas House votes to impeach Trump ally
Ken Paxton, Texas' Attorney General, is now suspended from office pending a trial in the state Senate.
- Hundreds of expelled Germans set to leave Russia
The expulsions follow increasingly strained relations between Russia and Germany over Ukraine.
- Shounter Pass avalanche kills 11 people from nomadic tribe in Pakistan
A four-year-old boy is among those killed in the disaster, which struck in the early hours of Saturday.
- Civic Party: Key Hong Kong pro-democracy group votes to disband
One of the Civic Party's founders says the closure is a blow for the city's pro-democracy movement.
- Russia warns of 'new dimension' in Ukraine war
Moscow's ambassador to the UK says Western supplies of weapons to Ukraine risk escalating the conflict.
- Modi says Sengol conjoined free India to the era of the nation that existed before slavery
Prime Minister says the holy Sengol did not get the respect it deserved
- Technical Call: Natco Pharma- BUY
A new leg of a long-term rally in Natco Pharma’s stock has begun
- Simply Put: Decoding UPSI
UPSI is that information relating to a company which is not made generally available to the public, but if done it has potential to have a material impact on the stock price
- A look at the new TER structure and its impact on AMCs
Among the top 10 AMCs, the impact is felt most on equity-oriented schemes.
- 11 CMs absent, govt says policy making does not differentiate on the basis of participation
BJP lashes out at Chief Ministers who boycotted the meeting
- Who am I? May 28, 2023
Are you an avid investor? How well do you know corporate India?
- Home treatment: When health insurers allow domiciliary hospitalisation
A lowdown on claims and settlement for treatment taken at home and which ailments and treatment modes aren’t entertained by health insurance companies
- A look at the carpets for the new Parliament
- Dalal Street Week Ahead: Nifty at the cusp of decisive move, track these 2 factors
We enter a “decisive” week; going by the technical setup on the charts, markets may look at initiating a definite directional bias this week and whatever trend it catches on may stay on at least for the short term.
- "Silence" is the best response, says options trader PR Sundar after SEBI settlement
Sundar has settled a case with markets regulator Sebi by returning the advisory fee and disgorging over Rs 6 crore. The case related to PR Sundar and Mangayarkarasi Sundar, promoters of Mansun Consulting, offering investment advice without the necessary registration from the market regulator.
- Learn With ETMarkets: Remember Silicon Valley Bank? Here’s why you should know about Liquidity Cover
In the aftermath of this turbulent episode, investors have become increasingly vigilant. They are actively seeking ways to analyse a bank's liquidity and want to ensure its ability to withstand adverse situations.