“Instead of interrupting, work on attracting.”
“There are three objectives for content marketing: reach, engagement, conversion. Define key metrics for each.”
“When it comes to content, the best marketers know that self-promotion is good!”
“I don’t build to have clients. I have clients in order to build.”
“All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.”
“When I hear somebody sigh, ‘life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask: ‘compared to what?'”
- Dalal Street Week Ahead: Tread Carefully! Corrective action can take Nifty to 19,000 levels
Despite the corrective decline, the volatility index, as represented by India VIX, did not rise. In fact, it declined marginally by 2.20% to 10.66 on a weekly basis. This continues to keep the markets vulnerable to incremental corrective retrenchment.
- Surge in option trading: Is it a systemic risk or price stability tool?
The other interesting piece is that 95% of the volume in the options segment is in index options. The following table shows volume break-up as of August 22, 2023, and what becomes very clear is that the stock options are a tiny part of the total options market.
- Decoding market corrections: A deeper look at time and price factors
Sustained negative returns over two consecutive years are very rare. Furthermore, investors must also be prepared for time corrections, where the market may take an average of around 30 months over the past decade to recover and reach previous peak levels.
- Why industrial commodity prices are under pressure
Going ahead, as the traditional demand drivers of industrial metals have stalled, the short-term price outlook remains under pressure. Though the new demand areas like the clean energy sector are on the cards, they are unlikely to boost prices in the immediate run.
- Where are yields headed on Indian bonds' inclusion in JPMorgan Global Bond index?
India’s economy is doing well when compared to other emerging as well as developed economies. Further, inflation is also likely to trend lower in the coming months, which will keep conditions conducive for the Reserve Bank of India to stay put on rates.
- Wall St Week Ahead: Fed wary investors eye mounting risks to US stock rally
Market participants are also grappling with several potential threats to U.S. economic growth, whose resilience this year has helped push stocks higher. Foremost is the challenge presented by higher rates, if the Fed follows through on its pledge to keep borrowing costs elevated as it seeks to decisively turn the tide on inflation.
- "Deeply concerned...critical that probe proceeds": Antony Blinken on India-Canada diplomatic row
The United States is concerned about Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's comments about India's potential involvement in the murder of a Khalistani activist. Secretary of State Antony Blinken called for India to cooperate with Canada's investigation into the killing, stating that accountability is important. The US has been consulting and coordinating closely with Canada on this matter. India has rejected Canada's allegations, calling them absurd and motivated. The diplomatic dispute has pu
- China an existential threat to US: Indian-American Republican presidential aspirant Nikki Haley
Indian-American Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley has described China as an "existential threat" to the US and claimed that Beijing is "preparing for war." In a policy speech on the economy, Haley alleged that China has been plotting to defeat America for half a century and that its military is already on par with the US armed forces in some respects.
- Ukraine war: US to give Kyiv long-range ATACMS missiles - media reports
Kyiv has long been pushing for ATACMS missiles capable of hitting Russian targets far behind the front line.
- Bob Menendez steps down as US Senate foreign relations chairman after indictment
Top Democrats turn on Robert Menendez amid allegations of gold bars and jackets stuffed with cash.
- Nursery boy's fentanyl death provokes horror in Bronx
Residents of New York City's Bronx said the child's death is a symptom of a much larger problem.
- Panic in Nagorno-Karabakh but Azerbaijan rejects fears of ethnic cleansing
Thousands of ethnic Armenians fear for their safety despite Azerbaijan's promises.
- Pope Francis says migration is a reality in call for action during France visit
The pontiff says people risking their lives at sea "do not invade" during a visit to Marseille.
- Sudan war: Army chief Burhan claims he's ready for peace talks
Gen Burhan's army has been fighting a brutal war against the Rapid Support Forces since April.
- Long Covid: MRI scans reveal new clues to symptoms
Further evidence emerges that a serious infection can leave some major organs with long-term damage.
- ‘The state says our kids don’t exist’ - how LGBT life is changing in Italy
Italy is removing children from registers and stopping surrogacy abroad in new rules affecting same-sex couples.
- Sisters haunted by trauma of Morocco earthquake
Two sisters tell the BBC how the earthquake in Morocco has left them traumatised and anxious.
- James Nachtwey: The last of the great photojournalists
James Nachtwey's images are known for their brutal immediacy.
- Picasso’s twisted beauty – and the ‘trail of female carnage’ he left behind
Fifty years after his death, the artist's attitudes to women are highly problematic, but can we cancel him?
- The videos helping people get lighter sentences
In the US, people accused of crimes are turning to film producers to help show their lives in a different light.
- Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas: How did an amicable split go so wrong?
Actress Sophie Turner is suing her estranged husband demanding their children be returned to England.
- Who am I? September 24, 2023
Are you an avid investor? How well do you know corporate India?
- Tax Query: Grandfathering with January 31, 2018, prices in demerger cases
Rely on the mechanism prescribed under the explanation to Section 55(ac)(ii) for the purpose of calculation of the Fair Market Value as on January 31, 2018
- Bandu’s Blockbusters for September 24, 2023
Guess the stock that will give the best return by next Friday
- F&O Strategy: SBI: Bull call calendar spread
Initiate by selling 600-call of current month and simultaneously buying the same strike of October expiry
- US federal government headed into a shutdown. What does it mean, who's hit and what's next?
A shutdown will disrupt many services, squeeze workers and roil politics as Republicans in the House, force a confrontation over federal spending.
- F&O Tracker: Bears knocking the door
Nifty and Bank Nifty futures set to extend the downswing
- Bullion Cues: Tread cautiously
Gold and silver might consolidate
- Crude Check: Trend remains positive
But wait for breakout before buying
- Two big semiconductor proposals under process: Vaishnaw
The minister said that the Micron plant, for which construction has started, will start producing the first chip from December 2024 onwards
- Election Commission team to visit Telangana on Oct 3
The team will hold discussions with the political parties, the Chief Secretary and the DGP on the conduct of the polls during the 3-day visit
- Mutual Funds returns
As on : Sep 23, 2023
- Boehringer Ingelheim joins campaign along with BMC to stop rabies
Commits 30,000 vaccine doses to the vaccination drive
- Tata Motors sets up vehicle recycling plant in Surat
The company’s third vehicle scrapping unit is operated by partner Shree Ambica Auto
- PhonePe launches ‘Indus’ app store
PhonePe has opened the app store for developers
- Nifty and Bank Nifty Prediction for the week Sept 25 to 29, 2023 by BL GURU
- Tata Projects bags contract to build Micron’s $2.75 billion semiconductor plant in Gujarat
The project encompasses the design and construction of a first-of-its-kind DRAM and NAND assembly and test facility in India
- InGovern suggests investors to defer two resolutions of Finolex Cables
InGovern cites insufficient details and shorter notice period for its recommendation
- Retail loans in detail
- Games online platforms play
Here are some of the little traps laid out for you, and how you can skirt them
- YEA sets up ₹5-crore fund to invest in start-ups
The association, which started its journey with 11 members 10 years ago, now has 80 members
- New SIMA chairman urges govt to announce new technology mission for cotton
Sundararaman, Managing Director of the Coimbatore-based Shiva Texyarn Limited, has been elected as the Chairman of Southern India Mills’ Association for 2023-24
- Tea sector should take up aggressive branding to regain lost markets, says IIPM’s Rakesh Joshi
India’s tea industry should take a cue from countries like Sri Lanka in building a strong overseas brand, says Joshi
- IBBI chief calls for efforts to improve bidders’ confidence
IBBI Chairperson Ravi Mital asks Insolvency Professionals to make every possible effort to improve the system
- JSW Steel slows stake buy in Teck’s coal unit amid India-Canada diplomatic row
However, paper-work and talks with banks are continuing, say sources
- Beware, your email box can become target of stealth cyber attacks
Hackers can gain access to in-coming mails, can hide important messages, says a report by Barracuda
- Treble Trophy Tour to Kochi: Manchester City posts image of Vembanad lake on social media
The Treble Trophy Tour, after Kochi, will travel to Mumbai
- Forex reserves fall to near 4-month low of $593.04 billion
Forex reserves have taken a hit on accelerated intervention by the RBI in the currency market
- Meet The Boss: Andrew Eweka On Bridging The Gap Between Africa And Global Business
My journey in the consultancy field has been marked by a deep commitment to problem-solving and strategic thinking.
- Nuvama Wealth Management's stock market debut on September 26
The demerger of the wealth management business was completed following the approval from the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) on April 27. The scheme of arrangement came into effect on May 18, 2023. Post the demerger, Nuvama plans to enhance focus on its key business segments and grow the client assets significantly over the next 5 years.